Clever is in the mood for gratitude, and to celebrate, we are bringing back Clever Thankful! Beginning the week of November 16th, students can share what they are grateful for right from their Clever Portals. This is a temporary feature that will only be here for the holiday season.
1. Students will click the "Tell your teacher" button on the top of their screen.
2. They will then be able to type their statements of gratitude into the text box.
3. Students select "Done" and their message will be submitted to their teacher's Portals.
Teachers can see responses for all students who are in their classes by visiting the Thankful tab in their Portal.
Teachers can print responses to the thankful activity by using the browser's print function. For most devices and browsers, this function can be used by navigating to File > Print, or Command + P.
If a teacher needs to delete a response from a student, they can hover over the response and a delete option will appear. Select delete, and confirm the action.
Family Portal experience
Parents/guardians can view their student thankful messages from the Clever Family Portal. Student thankful messages will appear on the student overview page from within the Family Portal. If a parent/guardian has more than one student, they can view both thankful messages by toggling between student accounts.
Can the thankful activity be disabled?
- No - the thankful activity cannot be disabled by a user. We’ve designed the thankful activity to be unobtrusive to the student and teacher experience.
How long will the thankful activity be available?
- Teachers and parents/guardians will see a thankful tab appear in their portals the week of November 9th. Students will be invited to complete the thankful activity between November 16th and December 4th. Once a student has completed the activity, they will not be invited to complete the activity again.
When will student responses disappear from Clever?
- The thankful activity and student responses will come down the week after Thanksgiving (Friday, December 4th).
Can I (the teacher) leave a response on the thankful activity board?
- Only student submissions are currently supported for the thankful activity. As an alternative, consider posting what you are thankful for as an announcement on your teacher page. Directions can be found here.