Information to help your district get set up with Clever and LearnZillion
- Make sure your district is set up with Clever! If your district has not been set up with Clever, you can get started by going to this link: https://clever.com/signup
- If your district is already on Clever, please reach out to your LearnZillion account manager to let them know you’d like to connect with them on Clever:
- If your district is not sure who your LearnZillion representative is, then you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Once in contact, LearnZillion will send an invitation to connect with your district via Clever.
- To approve the invitation, a district administrator with the ‘Clever Admin’ role will need to log into their Clever Dashboard to review and accept the invite.
- LearnZillion supports rostering and single sign-on (SSO) through Clever for student, teacher, and school admin user types
- To help curb user login issues, LearnZillion recommends customizing the Clever Portal login page to include password hints and a district tech support contact to make it easier for SSO to be possible. More information on how to do this can be found here: How do I set up Single Sign-On?
- Users will be able to utilize Clever SSO for logins, as well as continue to log in manually on the LearnZillion site. Please refer to the instructions sent directly by your LearnZillion representative for information on how to designate your LearnZillion account password for manual logins.
Recommended Sharing Rules
LearnZillion recommends creating a custom share by students rule for only the specific grade levels and school sites that have purchased licenses for LearnZillion at your district.
- All teachers must have email addresses associated with their accounts. Users with no email address will not get synced over to LearnZillion.
- The Clever "credentials.district_username" and/or the "student_number" field should be shared with the LearnZillion application.
- If the "credentials.district_username" field is shared with LearnZillion, then this field will be used to generate the student usernames on LearnZillion.
- If the "student_number" field is shared with LearnZillion and the "credentials.district_username" is NOT shared, then the "student_number” field will be used to generate student usernames on LearnZillion.
- If both "credentials.district_username" and the "student_number" fields are shared with LearnZillion, then LearnZillion will default to using the "credentials.district_username" for generating student usernames on LearnZillion.
- LearnZillion does not support multiple Clever accounts associated with a single email address. These users will not get synced over to LearnZillion and users will not be able to log into LearnZillion. This includes teachers with multiple teacher accounts in Clever, as well as teachers who also have school admin accounts in Clever.
More information on the exact data fields requested by LearnZillion, as well as how Clever user roles are mapped to their program, can be found here: Clever Roster Sync and Instant Login.
Why am I getting a “data warning” or a “data requirement” error?
A data requirement error occurs when the record is incompatible with LearnZillion’s integration with Clever, and the user or section will not appear in the application. Data Requirements must be resolved for users or sections to be successfully processed by the application.
A data warning error occurs when the user or section has a compatibility issue with the application that may result in a degraded app experience. We recommend addressing these issues or contacting LearnZillion directly to determine the impact of a particular Data Warning.
Why is my data not showing up in LearnZillion?
Depending on your sync type, Clever either pulls data from your SIS, or data is submitted to Clever from your SIS. That data is then made available to LearnZillion to sync to their system. There is a lag time between these processes, as the sync with Clever and the sync with LearnZillion may not happen at the same time. If you do not see updated data in LearnZillion within 48 hours after making a change, please contact Clever Support.
Why is my student or teacher missing from LearnZillion?
Please check to see if this user meets the following requirements before reaching out to LearnZillion:
- User is in your SIS data
- User is in the Clever data browser
- Teachers have email addresses associated with their Clever accounts
- The user’s email address is not associated with multiple Clever accounts (e.g. multiple teacher accounts or a teacher that also has a school admin account)
If the user is in your SIS, but missing from the Clever data browser, please contact Clever Support.
Who should I ask for help with an issue?
If it’s related to data within Clever, application sharing rules, or data coming from the SIS, please contact Clever Support.
If it’s related to an aspect of the LearnZillion program such as questions regarding licenses or contracts, launch dates, or program content (e.g. lessons, assignments, reports), then please contact LearnZillion Support.
Submit a ticket through LearnZillion Help Portal: https://learnzillion.com/contact
Answers to FAQs can be found in LearnZillion’s Help Portal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.