As a member of the IMS Global Learning Consortium, Clever supports the IMS Global OneRoster standard. Districts can send OneRoster 1.0 or 1.1 formatted CSV files over Clever’s secure SFTP data pipeline. Clever is the easiest and most secure way for districts to support OneRoster - with the full confidence of our proven platform and without compromise in functionality or control of data security.
Preparing my Clever sync to accept OneRoster files
1. Reach out to Clever Support and our team will work with you to create a timeline and transition plan to OneRoster.
2. Whether you are new to Clever or transitioning your sync type, you will be provided with a crosswalk document. This document will outline the OneRoster fields that will translate to the Clever fields required by your applications.
- Please note: Clever supports receiving student data in OneRoster CSV 1.0 or 1.1 format. In order to ensure compatibility with the evolving standard, Clever is strict in its interpretation of OneRoster 1.0/1.1. Where additional fields are needed, Clever accepts them using the recommended OneRoster metadata approach.
- If you are transitioning from an existing Clever sync, you will test with a demo Clever account to ensure a seamless transition of data.
3. Automate the transmission of OneRoster CSVs to a folder in your Clever SFTP box. For OneRoster 1.0, the subdirectory should be titled ‘oneroster’. For OneRoster 1.1-formatted files, the subdirectory should be titled 'oneroster11'.
Once complete, you can leverage Clever’s data sharing interface to scope student rosters with applications and personalize your Clever Portal.
Additional resources: Clever & OneRoster
- Clever Blog: “Clever is open—and now with OneRoster”
- Press Release
- Moving to OneRoster with Clever PDF (attached below)
Syncing student contacts via OneRoster
Student contacts can be synced to via the users.csv. To connect a contact to a student, use the agentSourceID as shown below:
If you have any questions, please reach out to Clever support! We are happy to help!