Sections must have active students enrolled to be processed into Clever. We use the ‘enrollments.csv’ file to associate students with sections using their unique IDs; each ‘Student_id’ listed next to a ‘Section_id’ means that student is enrolled in that section. You may see a “records not processed due to no students enrolled” because:
- A section’s ‘Section_id’ is not present in the ‘enrollments.csv’ file; or
- A ‘Student_id’ listed in the ‘enrollments.csv’ file is not present in the ‘students.csv’ file.
The error is often surfaced as: invalid 'Course Roster' due to error 'no students'
How to fix this error:
- Visit the Sync Report page of your Dashboard for detailed information about data that Clever was unable to process.
- Click "Download Invalid Rows" to download a list of records affected by this error.
- Search for the ‘Section_id’ of the affected section(s) in your ‘enrollments.csv’ file.
- Make sure all sections with students enrolled are listed in your ‘enrollments.csv’ file.
- If you can find the ‘Section_id’ in the ‘enrollments.csv’ file, copy the ‘Student_id’ of students enrolled in that section and search for them in the ‘students.csv’ file.
- Make sure all students enrolled in sections are listed in your ‘students.csv’ file.
It’s possible that certain records are not processed due to formatting errors in the CSV files. Please see this article for troubleshooting CSV formatting errors.