All students and teachers must be assigned to a school to be synced with Clever. There are a few reasons you may see the error “records not processed due to missing school”:
- The ‘School_id’ field is blank for some or all students/teachers; or
- The ‘School_id’ field in the ‘students.csv’ or ‘teachers.csv’ file does not match a listed ‘School_id’ field in the ‘schools.csv’ file.
How to fix this error:
- Visit the Sync Report page of your Dashboard for detailed information about data that Clever was unable to process.
- Click the blue icon 'Download Changes' to download a list of records affected by this error.
- Make sure that ‘School_id’ is populated for all records in your ‘students.csv’ and ‘teachers.csv’ files.
- Compare the ‘School_id’ values in ‘teachers.csv’ and ‘students.csv’ to make sure they’re all present in ‘schools.csv’.
A common cause of mismatched IDs between files is a lost a leading zero - click here for more information on identifying and resolving this error.