What is app-side filtering?
Districts oversharing data is a common problem for applications on Clever. Applications can now create filters to receive only the data you need, giving you control over data sharing and enhancing integration quality.
How does app-side filtering work?
Step 2: Applications apply filters on the district data to manage exactly which data they are receiving, whereby ensuring that only relevant data is synced.
How do I filter district data?
Filtering is located on the District Profile page.
- Select "Create a filter"
- Select which schools should be included in the sync, press "Continue"
- Select which subjects, grades, and terms should be included in the sync, press "Continue"
- Preview data. If correct, select "Apply filter"
- Clever will apply the filter to the district's data. The results are displayed under "Final Data"
Applications can apply multiple filters for a district! To add an additional filter, press "Create a filter" and repeat Steps 2-5.
Overview of the process:
What do districts see when data is filtered?
If an app-side filter is applied to a district, they will see an "App Filters" tab in the application area of the Clever Dashboard. Here they can view:
- Shared Data: the data shared with the application by the district.
- Filters: the filters that were applied to the district data by the application.
- Application Receives: the resulting filtered data that will be synced by the application.