This article explains how to update students and teachers in Clever who are associated with the wrong Google account.
Before you get started, you'll need:
- The user's SIS ID. You can find this in your Clever data browser - click here for instructions on using the data browser.
- The correct email address to match the user to.
NOTE: First create the desired email in the Google Admin Console, if it does not exist already. Then use the Clever Google Accounts Manager Tool to update the user's email address in Clever.
Here's how to update the Google account a Clever user is tied to:
- Navigate in your Clever dashboard to Google Accounts Manager. Click the Settings tab.
- Click "Update Google emails".
- Use the tool to enter the accounts you'd like to update:
- You can make up to 1,000 user updates at a time.
- Enter one update per line according to this format:
<user_type>, <sis_id>, <new_email>
user_type: "student" or "teacher"
sis_id: the SIS ID of a synced Clever student or teacher
new_email: the Google account to match to this user
- Click "Review" to see your entry has any errors. We will identify whether the student exists in Clever and whether the emails exists in your Google console:
- Correct any errors in your entries. Once all entries have no errors, click "Submit changes".
- Clever will confirm that your updates were completed, and we'll kick off a sync with your Google domain to update these users.