Once you've designed your custom Teacher Page and shared it with your students, you will have access to a variety of Login Tools in Clever. This article details the different Login Tools available to teachers including:
- Launching applications for your students
- Logging students out of Clever
- Reviewing student login status
Launching applications for your students
If students are logged into Clever using an internet browser window (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge, etc.), their teachers can launch applications for them! This option is not currently available for students using iOS devices.
Teachers can launch an app for all of their students, or just those in certain classes. Both methods are outlined below.
Method One: Launch an app for all of your students
- Navigate to the Teacher Page you have shared with your students.
- Select 'Login tools' in the upper left corner.
- Please note: Login Tools will only be available after you have shared your Teacher Page with your students. Visit this article for details.
- Select 'Launch an app' to bring up a menu of the applications available to your students.
- Select the appropriate application, and a green box will appear letting you know the application was successfully launched!
Method Two: Launch an app for an individual class
- Navigate to the 'Classes' tab at the top right of your Portal.
- Select 'Launch an app' under the box of the appropriate class, and the applications available to your students will appear in a menu.
- Once the application is selected, a green box will appear letting you know the application was successfully launched!
Logging students out of Clever
Teachers also have the ability to log students out of Clever! The two methods of doing this are outlined below.
Method One: Log all students shared with your Teacher Page out of Clever
- Navigate to the Teacher Page that is shared with the students you'd like to log out.
- Select 'Login tools' on the top left.
- Select 'Log out students'.
- Students will now be logged out of Clever. This change will be reflected in the 'Login status' section.
Method Two: Log an entire class out of Clever
- Navigate to the 'Classes' tab on the top right of your Clever Portal.
- Select the appropriate class.
- Select 'Log class out'.
- Students will now be logged out of Clever. This will also be reflected under the 'Status in Clever' column.
Viewing student login status
Your 'Classes' tab shows which students have successfully logged into Clever. Here's how:
- Navigate to your Teacher Page.
- On the left-hand side of the page, you'll see all of your students under 'Login status'.
- Please note: Student login status can also be viewed from your Clever 'Classes' tab!
- Either a red 'X' icon or a green checkmark will show next to student names.
- Selecting 'Refresh status' will refresh the list of student logins.
- Clicking on a student's name displays information about the student, and provides ways for you to help the student log in. Please visit this article for more.
"Log in with Clever" - Download student usernames
If your district uses "Log in with Clever" teachers have the ability to download a list of their students' usernames within their Clever Portal! Teachers can download the list of usernames for each of their classes.
Click on "Login tools" on the left side of the page.
Click "Download student usernames" in the dropdown menu. This will download a CSV file containing the students' usernames along with each student's first and last name.
Note: Usernames can also be downloaded via the "Classes" tab at the top of your Portal.