This error may occur if the PowerSchool account you’ve provided for the Clever sync has an incorrect password - some districts’ PowerSchool settings will lock an account after a series of sign in attempts with an incorrect password. You'll see one of these errors:
How to fix this error:
- Log into PowerSchool from an administrator account (not the account you've shared with Clever).
- Navigate to the System Administrator view (click on the left menu link for ‘System’).
- Click on the link for ‘Security’.
- Click on the link for ‘Locked Accounts’.
- Verify that the account username shared with Clever is not listed here. If this account is listed, remove it.
Some PowerSchool systems also place IP restrictions on locked accounts for extra security. After removing the lock on the account, we recommend checking and removing additional IP restrictions with the following steps:
- From the System Administrator view, click back to ‘Security’.
- Click on the link for ‘Sign In Attempts Restrictions’.
- At the bottom of this page you’ll see a link for ‘View Disabled IP Addresses’. Click the link and verify that Clever's IP addresses are not listed: