PowerSchool Auto Sync Functionality
✓ Runs every four hours, by exporting via Direct Database Export (DDE)
✓ Syncs all students with an active enrollment status ("enroll_status" = 0)
✓ Student email addresses are not synced by default, but they can be brought in by contacting Clever Support.
✓ Syncs all staff members from the Staff table, who are assigned to an active School and have an active staff status ("Status" = 1)
X Cannot sync the Central Office (school_id = 0), or any staff assigned to this site
X Cannot sync co-teachers at this time. As an alternative, districts can manually add co-teachers to sections directly within Clever. More info can be found here.
- PowerSchool syncs can be customized to sync nightly, instead of every two hours.
- Clever can filter exports from PowerSchool to limit the schools, teachers, or students included in the sync. Reach out to Clever Support if you would like to filter exports.
- For information on de-duplicating teacher records from PowerSchool, see this article.
- To request additional customization and filtering for your PowerSchool sync, request assistance from Clever Support.
School Year Rollover
On August 1st, Clever will begin syncing all enrollments with an end date after August 1st, 2019 (“DateLeft” > 8/1/2019). If you would like to begin syncing enrollments for the 2019-20 School Year before August, please request assistance from Clever Support.
There may be users such as administrators, secretaries, and para-professionals who might not use PowerSchool directly, but need access to applications through Clever. If those users are missing from your Clever data, please ensure that those users are tied to a specific school site within PowerSchool. Teaching staff who are associated with the district office, but not a specific school, will not be included in the PowerSchool auto sync.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to open a support request and our team will be glad to help!
Clever requires specific permissions in order to facilitate an automatic sync with your SIS. Clever is a read-only service, and requires the following permissions to integrate with PowerSchool. Please see the attached document for best practices.
In addition to these permissions, we recommend the following best practices:
- Create an individual SIS account only for Clever -- no one else should log in with the same credentials; and
- Limit Clever's SIS account to read-only access.
Note: Clever also offers an alternative method of sharing PowerSchool rosters with Clever (via SFTP) – please contact us if you’d like to explore this option for your district.