Skyward Auto Sync Functionality
✓ Syncs every three hours, by exporting via Skybuild
✓ Utilizes your Skybuild's default file export settings. For customization, see below.
✓ Supports co-teachers for sections, using the Teacher Alpha Key to determine the primary teacher
✓ For information on our Skyward API sync, please read this article.
- Skyward syncs can be customized to sync nightly, instead of every three hours.
- Syncs can also be customized to pull additional fields available through Skybuild. To request additional fields please fill out this form.
- Clever can filter exports from Skyward to limit the schools, teachers, or students included in the sync.
- Clever can help increase field length character limits so that longer field values are not truncated in your sync.
- To request customization and filtering for your Skyward sync, request assistance from Clever Support.
School Year Rollover
Clever’s Skyward sync includes data for the current school year. Once you have transitioned to the new school year within Skyward and there are active enrollments, Clever will sync this new school year data.
In order to facilitate an automatic sync with Skyward, we recommend the following:
- Create an individual SIS account only for Clever -- no one else should log in with the same credentials
- Limit Clever's SIS account to read-only access
The following document outlines the specific account permissions required for Skyward: