This article covers the following:
Skyward Auto Sync Functionality
✓ Syncs every six hours, by exporting via Skybuild
✓ Utilizes your Skybuild's default file export settings. For customization, see below.
✓ Supports co-teachers for sections, using the Teacher Alpha Key to determine the primary teacher
✓ For information on our Skyward API sync, please read this article.
- Skyward syncs can be customized to sync nightly, instead of every three hours.
- Syncs can also be customized to pull additional fields available through Skybuild. To request additional fields, please contact Clever Support.
- Clever can filter exports from Skyward to limit the schools, teachers, or students included in the sync.
- Clever can help increase field length character limits so that longer field values are not truncated in your sync.
- To request customization and filtering for your Skyward sync, request assistance from Clever Support.
School Year Rollover
Clever’s Skyward sync includes data for the current school year in Skyward. Once your Skyward system has transitioned to the new school year and there are active enrollments, Clever will sync this new school year data.
If the record (student, teacher, section) is in Clever but data is missing or incorrect for the record (i.e. incorrect email, missing username), navigate to the Sync > Settings page in your Clever Dashboard. Under Sync Controls, click on View field mappings
Here you can view which fields Clever is pulling for each record and field. In the below example:
- If a teacher's email address was incorrect, confirm the email is correct in the "Work Email Addr" field in Skyward
- If a teacher is missing State_teacher_id, you will see that Clever is not currently pulling this data. Please contact Clever Support to see what options may be available to pull this data.
If an entire record is missing, we recommend checking the following:
- Must be listed as Active in Skyward for the current school year
- Each section must have a teacher assigned to it
- Check the filters that are in place for the ClassC export
Email or Username Length
- The default field length for many fields is 15 or 20 characters. If you notice any characters being cut off, you can increase the field length by navigating to Export File Builder > StaffC (or whichever file) > Edit Selected Fields > Length (change it) > Save.
In order to facilitate an automatic sync with Skyward, we recommend the following:
- Create an individual SIS account only for Clever -- no one else should log in with the same credentials
- Limit Clever's SIS account to read-only access
The following document outlines the specific account permissions required for Skyward: