Districts can provide multiple team members with Clever Admin access in order to assist with account management. Users who are assigned the Clever Admin role, also known as district admins, will have district-wide access with varying permissions. This article will explain how to manage team members from the Clever district dashboard > Team page.
Clever Account Owner
Each Clever portal has a single account owner. The owner is indicated by the word (Owner) following their name in the Team page .
The account owner’s name and email address are shared with applications connected to the district’s Clever account and, therefore, they are the primary point of contact for all Clever-related issues.
The owner has unique privileges that are unavailable to Clever Admins which include the ability to:
- Transfer account ownership to another district admin
- Delete the Clever account
With the exception of the above privileges, all Clever district admins have equal permissions to view or modify the district portal. This includes adding or removing applications, updating sharing permissions, managing Badges, and much more!
Adding Clever Admins
Any users who are assigned the Clever Admin role are also able to add other district admins to Clever by following these steps:
- Log into the Clever district dashboard
- Select 'Team' from the left navigation menu
- Select 'Add team member' to the top right of the page
- Add the new district admin's information in the pop-up box
- Select 'Add'
Once a team member has been added to the account, they will receive an email with a link to create an account. If they do not receive this message, please have them check their spam folder for a message from 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
All district admins should use the 'District admin log in' from the Clever login page to access their Clever Admin account.
Removing Clever Admins
Clever Admins also have permissions to remove other admins from the Team page. To remove another district admin, click the trash icon to the far right of the user's name.
Transferring Ownership to a new Account Owner
Each Clever account may have only one owner at a time, and only the current owner can transfer the role to another team member. If you do not see the option to ‘Change Account Owner,’ then you are not the account owner.
The current Account Owner can transfer ownership to another district admin by clicking the 'Add team member' button and selecting 'Change Account Owner' in the dropdown from the district dashboard > Team page. This option will only be available if there are other district admins on the Clever account. Once ownership is transferred, the options to add/remove district admins or transfer ownership will only be available to the new Account Owner.
If the current Clever Account Owner is no longer with the district, please Contact Clever support for help.
Here is what we will need to make the switch:
- We will need written approval from a member of the district’s leadership team (e.g. superintendent, director of technology, director of curriculum, etc.) who is verifiable on the district's website.
- Please feel free to CC this administrator on the Clever support ticket so they can respond directly to the communication thread.
- Once Clever has confirmation, we can transfer ownership of the district's Clever account.