Clever allows multiple team members per account to assist with account management. This article will explain how to manage team members in the dashboard, including adding and removing Clever Admin accounts.
What does being the account owner mean?
Each Clever account has a single account owner. The owner is indicated in the team member list with (Owner) following their name. The account owner’s name and email address are shared with applications connected to the district’s Clever account and, therefore, they are the primary point of contact for all Clever-related issues.
The owner has unique privileges, unavailable to other Clever Admins (district admins), which are:
- Transfer account ownership to another district admins
- Delete the Clever account
With the exception of the above privileges, all district admins are equal and can make any other changes to the Clever account, including adding/removing applications and changing data sharing permissions.
How do I add other district admins to the account?
Any users assigned the 'Clever Admin' role in the Team page have permissions to add other admins. Here's how to accomplish this:
- Log into the Clever district dashboard
- Click on 'Team' in the left navigation bar
- Navigate to 'Add team member' in the top right
- Add the admin's information in the pop-up box
- Click 'Add'
- The new admin will receive an email invitation with a link to set their password.
Once a team member has been added to the account, they will receive an email with a link to create an account. If they do not receive this message, please have them check their spam folder for a message from "email@example.com".
How do I remove a district admin from the account?
Any users assigned the 'Clever Admin' role in the Team page also have permissions to remove other admins. To remove an admin, click the 'Trash' icon to the far right of their name in the Clever district dashboard > Team page.
How do I transfer ownership to another admin?
Each Clever account may have only one owner at a time, and only the current owner can transfer the role to another team member. If you do not see the option to ‘Change Account Owner,’ then you are not the account owner.
The current Account Owner can transfer ownership to another district admin by clicking the 'Add team member' button and selecting 'Change Account Owner' in the dropdown from the district dashboard > Team page. This option will only be available if there are other district admins on the Clever account. Once ownership is transferred, the options to add/remove district admins or transfer ownership will only be available to the new Account Owner.
If the current Clever Account Owner is no longer with the district, please Contact Clever support for help. Here is what we will need to make the switch:
- We will need written approval from a member of the district’s leadership team (e.g. superintendent, director of technology, director of curriculum, etc.) who is verifiable on the district's website.
- Please feel free to CC this administrator on the Clever support ticket so they can respond directly to the communication thread.
- Once Clever has confirmation, we can transfer ownership of the district's Clever account.