This article covers the following:
- Aeries Auto Sync Functionality
- School Year Rollover
- Troubleshooting Missing Data
Aeries Auto Sync Functionality
✓ Runs every two hours, by querying the Aeries.net API
✓ Pulls all active students, teachers, and schools (“InactiveStatusCode” = blank)
✓ All teachers must have a Staff record AND a Teacher record
✓ Syncs co-teachers by pulling the TeacherNumber1, TeacherNumber2, and TeacherNumber3 fields from the Sections table
✓ Requires your SIS to be connected to the internet.
Aeries syncs can be customized to sync nightly, instead of every two hours.
Syncs can also be customized to pull additional fields available through the Schools, Students, Courses, Sections, Staff, or Teachers tables. To request additional fields, please fill out this form.
Clever can filter exports from Aeries to limit the schools included in the sync.
Some districts create schools without master schedules - or schedule students without placing them in sections (typically elementary schools). Because Clever requires sections to process data, our system can automatically create sections for these students based on their teacher. Please submit a request to Clever Support with a list of your schools (name and school number) and we will program our system to create sections in these schools.
To request additional customization for your Aeries sync, request assistance from Clever Support.
School Year Rollover
Clever will begin syncing new school year data when summer school ends and the Sections (SEC) and MasterSchedule (MST) tables are active and available. To activate these tables, schedules must be copied over (Scheduling Process > Functions > Copy Scheduling Results to SEC & MST).
Troubleshooting Missing Data
If you have users who are missing from the Clever data, be sure to check the following:
- must have InactiveStatusCode set to null (any value in this field will prevent record from syncing)
- must have a Staff record AND a Teacher record
- InactiveStatusCode must be blank (any value in this field will prevent record from syncing)
- must have all required fields on the teachers/staff table
- make sure the records don't have a "Leave Date"
- in order for a section to sync the school must have a master schedule
The following document outlines the specific account permissions required for Clever to sync with Aeries: