Setting up your Aeries Auto Sync
Clever allows the student data in Aeries to automatically sync with authorized
applications. This eliminates the need for manual CSV transfers or complicated SFTP
To allow the data sync to happen, Clever needs to be able to access the Aeries.net
API. The best practice when using Clever is to create a new Aeries API certificate for
the Clever sync.
Create an API Certificate for Clever
- Log into your Aeries.net administrator account for the current school year.
- Select ‘Security > API Security’ from the menu on the left.
- Add a new certificate named ‘Clever.’
- Grant read permissions to all items in the Student Data and Scheduling tables.
- Save the certificate.
- Click ‘Display Certificate Details?’ and copy/paste your API certificate into the Sync Settings page of your Dashboard.
Aeries Auto Sync Functionality
✓ Runs every four hours, by querying the Aeries.net API
✓ Pulls all active students, teachers, and schools (“InactiveStatusCode” = blank)
✓ All teachers must have a Staff record AND a Teacher record
✓ Syncs co-teachers by pulling the TeacherNumber1, TeacherNumber2, and TeacherNumber3 fields from the Sections table
✓ Requires your SIS to be connected to the internet
- Aeries syncs can be customized to sync nightly, instead of every four hours.
- Syncs can also be customized to pull additional fields available through the Schools, Students, Courses, Sections, Staff, or Teachers tables.
- Clever can filter exports from Aeries to limit the schools included in the sync.
- Some districts create schools without master schedules - or schedule students without placing them in sections (typically elementary schools). Because Clever requires sections to process data, our system can automatically create sections for these students based on their teacher. Please submit a request to Clever Support with a list of your schools (name and school number) and we will program our system to create sections in these schools.
- To request customizations or filtering for your Aeries sync, request assistance from Clever Support.
School Year Rollover
Clever will begin syncing new school year data when summer school ends and the Sections (SEC) and MasterSchedule (MST) tables are active and available. To activate these tables, schedules must be copied over (Scheduling Process > Functions > Copy Scheduling Results to SEC & MST).
If the record (student, teacher, section) is in Clever but data is missing or incorrect for the record (i.e. incorrect email, missing username), navigate to the Sync > Settings page in your Clever Dashboard. Under Sync Controls, click on View defaults
Here you can view which fields Clever is pulling for each record and field. In the below example:
- If a student's email address was incorrect, confirm the email is correct in the "STU.SEM" field in Aeries.
- If a student is missing FRL_status, you will see that Clever does not pull this data by default. Please contact Clever Support to see what options may be available to pull this data.
If an entire record is missing, we recommend checking the following:
- must have InactiveStatusCode set to null (any value in this field will prevent record from syncing)
- must have a Staff record AND a Teacher record
- InactiveStatusCode must be blank (any value in this field will prevent record from syncing)
- must have all required fields on the teachers/staff table
- make sure the records don't have a "Leave Date"
- in order for a section to sync the school must have a master schedule