This article covers the following:
- Adding an application
- What if my desired application isn't listed?
- What's my application status?
- How do I request a launch date for an application?
- Removing an application
Clever allows you to seamlessly sync data with multiple online applications. You can view a full list of our partners by visiting our application gallery here. This article explains how you can add and remove online learning programs directly from your Clever district dashboard. To learn how to add non-Clever applications to your Portal for universal single sign-on, check out this article!
Adding an application
- Log into your Clever district dashboard > Applications page and select the 'Add Applications' option to the right.
- Use the filters at the top of the screen to search for applications by category or search for a specific application using the search bar. Once you have found the application, select 'Request App'.
- You will be brought to a page allowing you to authorize the request of the application. Select the appropriate option as to whether or not your district has already purchased the application or would like to try a free trial of the application (if applicable).
- You also have the option to request a custom launch date for the application to your district Clever portal. Otherwise, the application provider will set the launch date.
- Once you've made the appropriate selections, select 'Request application' to submit the request to the application provider.
- Now that you've requested the application - choose which schools will be accessing the application in the next page:
- Not ready to share yet? No worries - after you select 'Request and share later', simply let us know why you chose not to share now as we might be able to help -- either way your application will be in your district dashboard and ready for sharing at any time.
- You're all set!
What if my desired application isn’t listed?
No problem! Clever can securely build a connection for almost any application through our Saved Passwords product. Clever's Saved Passwords applications ensure a seamless single-sign on experience for all applications, including those that don't yet roster with Clever or are specific to your district. To add a new Saved Passwords application, click 'Request [ApplicationName]' below the search results:
To help Clever get the application ready for your district, submit the Login Page URL, as well as a working username and password for testing purposes:
We’ll email you once the Saved Passwords application is ready for your district so you can continue with the next steps.
We also encourage you to reach out to the application directly and tell them you’re interested in syncing your data through Clever. Your voice is extremely important as they consider working with us! If you don't have a contact at the vendor, feel free to email us at email@example.com and we can provide you with the relevant contact.
What's my application's status?
In your Clever district dashboard overview page, you can view each application's integration status:
- Requested: This means that we are waiting on the application's team to accept your request and proceed with the implementation. If you need to expedite the request process, please reach out to the application directly as we do not have insight as to the application's review and acceptance process.
- Waiting On Approval: This means that we are still waiting on the application's team to accept your request and proceed with the implementation. You can click "Remind App" to remind the application partner's team of your request.
- No Data Shared: The next step is yours! Set your sharing permissions!
- No Credentials Set: The next step is yours! Set the credentials that the SSO (Saved Passwords) app should use to log in users. More info here.
- Setting Up: Hang tight! The application is preparing your district for launch. You can view the Launch Date by clicking on the application. Users will not be able to access the application until the Launch Date. If you need to expedite the setup process, please reach out to the application directly.
- Launched: Your integration is live! If the application supports SSO, the application is available to users in the Clever Portal.
- Active: The application is launched and there have been logins to this application in the past 30 days!
How do I request a launch date for an application?
You can now request a launch date when connecting with an application! The Launch Date is the day the application becomes available to teachers and students in the Clever Portal.
Removing an application
If you would no longer like to share your Clever data with an application, the best option is to remove that application from your Clever account. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Clever district dashboard
- Click on the application
- Click the ‘Remove Application’ button on the upper right-hand corner
- A dialogue box will pop up and ask you to confirm the deletion, click ‘OK’ to confirm
The application icon will no longer be on your Clever district dashboard and your data will be unavailable to the application immediately. An email notification will be sent to Clever’s contact at the application to inform them that you are no longer sharing your data with them.
Please note that if you decide to re-add this application to your Clever district dashboard in the future, your accounts will likely not be restored automatically, and additional setup may be required in order to match users to their historical data.