Clever allows you to seamlessly sync data with multiple online applications. You can view a full list of our partners by visiting our application gallery here. This article explains how you can add and remove online learning programs directly from your Clever Dashboard. To learn how to add non-Clever applications to your Portal for universal single sign-on, check out this article!
Adding an application
- Log into your Clever Dashboard and select: Applications > Add Applications from the left navigation.
- Use the filters at the top of the screen to search for applications by category or search for a specific application using the search bar. Once you have found the application, select: Request App.
- Next, you will be brought to a page where you can authorize requesting the applications. When requesting applications, you can select whether or not your district has already purchased the application. When you click "Haven't Purchased" for applications that have free trials, you'll receive a prompt asking if you would like to try a free trial.
- Once you've selected whether you have already purchased the application, click "Request"!
- Now that you've requested the application - pick which schools will be accessing the application in the next page:
- Not ready to share yet? No worries - just click "Request and share later." Let us know why you're unsure right now and we might be able to help -- either way your application will be on your dashboard and ready for sharing at any time.
- You're all set!
What if my desired application isn’t listed?
No problem! Clever can securely build a connection for almost any application through our Saved Passwords product. Clever's Saved Passwords applications ensure a seamless single-sign on experience for all applications, including those that don't yet roster with Clever or are specific to your district. To add a new Saved Passwords application, click Request "app name" below the search results:
To help Clever get the application ready for your district, submit the Login Page URL, as well as a working username and password for testing purposes:
We’ll email you once the Saved Passwords application is ready for your district so you can continue with the next steps.
We also encourage you to reach out to the application directly and tell them you’re interested in syncing your data through Clever. Your voice is extremely important as they consider working with us! If you don't have a contact at the vendor, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you with the relevant contact.
What's my application's status?
In your Clever Dashboard overview page, you can view each application's integration status:
- Requested:This means that we are waiting on the application's team to accept your request and proceed with the implementation. If you need to expedite the request process, please reach out to the application directly as we do not have insight as to the application's review and acceptance process.
- No Data Shared: The next step is yours! Set your sharing permissions!
- No Credentials Set: The next step is yours! Set the credentials that the SSO (Saved Passwords) app should use to log in users. More info here.
- Setting Up: Hang tight! The application is working on finalizing your integration. You can view the Launch Date by clicking on the application. Users will not be able to access the application until the Launch Date. If you need to expedite the setup process, please reach out to the application directly.
- Launched: Your integration is live! If the application supports SSO, the application is available to users in the Clever Portal.
- Active: The application is launched and there have been logins to this application in the past 30 days!
How do I request a launch date for an application?
You can now request a launch date when connecting with an application! The Launch Date is the day the application becomes available to teachers and students in the Clever Portal.
Removing an application
If you would no longer like to share your Clever data with an application, the best option is to remove that application from your Clever account. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Clever Dashboard
- Click on the application
- Click the ‘Remove Application’ button on the upper right-hand corner
- A dialogue box will pop up and ask you to confirm the deletion, click ‘OK’ to confirm
The application icon will no longer be on your Clever dashboard and your data will be unavailable to the application immediately. An email notification will be sent to Clever’s contact at the application to inform them that you are no longer sharing your data with them.
Please note that if you decide to re-add this application to your Clever dashboard in the future, your accounts will likely not be restored automatically, and additional setup may be required in order to match users to their historical data.