To freeze the data currently in Clever, you can schedule a pause from the Sync Settings page of your Clever Dashboard.
This article covers the following:
- What is a sync pause?
- Schedule a pause with a last day
- Schedule an indefinite pause
- Modify a scheduled pause
- Remove a pause
When your sync is paused:
- Rosters will not sync from your SIS to Clever: SFTP uploads will not be processed, and automatic syncs will not run (this means that changes made in your SIS will not interrupt student and teacher access to applications)
- Applications may still sync rosters from Clever into the app. If you'd like your applications(s) to stop pulling data from Clever, please reach out to your application representative.
- You can continue to update sharing permissions with applications
- Your sync status will appear as “paused” in your Clever Dashboard
- All team members on the account will receive an email notification the day before the pause begins
When your pause ends or is canceled:
- Clever will resume syncing with your SIS (auto syncs), or process your next upload (SFTP syncs)
- If your data has changed significantly, your account will go on hold
- You can confirm that your account is syncing correctly by checking the sync status on your Dashboard
- All team members on the account will receive an email reminder on the last day of the pause
When you schedule a pause with a start and end date, your sync will be paused from the beginning of the pause start date through the end of the pause end date. For example, if the pause start date is 6/15/2018 and your Last Day is 8/9/2018, Clever will stop processing updates to your data on 6/15/2018, and will begin processing updates again on 8/10/2018.
To schedule a pause, go to your Sync Settings, select a pause start date and pause end date, and click "Update." You can extend your pause by editing the pause end date, or begin syncing again at any time by clicking "Clear."
When you schedule a pause without a pause end date, your data will not be updated in Clever until you clear the pause.
To schedule an indefinite pause, select a pause start date, and click "Update" without selecting a pause end date. To begin syncing again, click "Clear" at any time.
To modify a pause that has already been scheduled:
- Click within the box next to pause start date or pause end date;
- Select a new date from the pop-up calendar;
- Click Update to confirm the change.
You may resume syncing data to Clever at any time by clicking "Clear".