SchoolInsight Auto Sync Functionality
✓ Syncs data from SchoolInsight every six hours, by exporting via the Query Builder in Reports
✓ Syncs all teacher records (including those marked as inactive), unless customization is requested
X Cannot sync co-teachers at this time
- SchoolInsight syncs can be customized to sync nightly, instead of every six hours.
- Syncs can also be customized to pull additional fields available through the Query Builder in Reports.
- Clever can filter exports from SchoolInsight to limit the schools, teachers, or students included in the sync.
- To request customizations for your SchoolInsight sync, request assistance from Clever Support.
School Year Rollover
By default, Clever exports data for the current site year in SchoolInsight. To sync data for a different site year, request assistance from Clever Support.
If you receive this error message when changing to a new school year, it means that your enrollments have not been set for the new term and our sync cannot access them:
Once the new enrollments are finalized, your sync will start running again.
If a record (student, teacher, section) is in Clever but data is missing or incorrect for the record (i.e. incorrect email, missing username), navigate to the Sync > Settings page in your Clever Dashboard. Under Sync Controls, click on View field mappings
Here you can view which fields Clever is pulling for each record and field. In the below example:
- If a teacher's email address was incorrect, confirm the email is correct in the "email_address" field in SchoolInsight
- If a teacher is missing State_teacher_id, you will see that Clever is not currently pulling this data. Please contact Clever Support to see what options may be available to pull this data.
Clever requires specific permission levels in order to facilitate an automatic sync with SchoolInsight. In addition to these permissions, we also recommend the following:
- Create an individual SIS account only for Clever -- no one else should log in with the same credentials
- Limit Clever's SIS account to the access described in the attached document.
The following document outlines the specific account permissions required for SchoolInsight: