Every now and then you may have users who have trouble logging into Saved Passwords applications. Here are some tips for troubleshooting these issues which will make the process as painless as possible.
If your current district settings for the Saved Passwords application allow your users to manually enter their credentials the very first time they log into the app through Clever, Clever will save those credentials for the future providing a single sign-on (SSO) experience for users.
The challenge is that sometimes users will enter the incorrect credentials the first time around, and those are what gets saved to Clever. The great news is the student's teacher or a district admin can update those credentials in Clever!
In the vast majority of cases, if users are unable to log into a Saved Passwords application, they'll see a message like the one below:
If this occurs, please follow these steps:
- Go directly to the application's website login page, and confirm if the user's credentials are successful.
- If the credentials are not successful, please contact the application provider directly to correct the error.
- If credentials are successful, attempt to enter those same credentials again in the screen shown above and then select 'Update & Log in'. Then, confirm the credentials work by accessing the application again through the Clever Portal.
If for some reason, the 'Update & Log in' option in the screenshot above did not work with resetting the user's credentials, the student's teacher or a district admin can assist by following these steps:
- The teacher will log into Clever and follow the steps below. District admins can utilize the 'Access Portal As' feature from their district dashboard to access the teacher's account in order to do the following:
- Click on the "Help a Student" option.
- Locate the student who needs their credentials updated.
- The prompt will ask if you want to update the student's Clever login or generate a back-up code. Click "No" where it asks if this solved the problem.
- Locate the Saved Passwords application.
- When asked if the student has the app icon in their portal, say 'Yes'.
- Then, update the Saved Passwords credentials.
- Finally, have the student test their login to the app to see if it works correctly (or district admins can 'Access Portal As' the student to test it for them).
But my issue doesn't look like that!
If the above doesn't fix the issue or you're experiencing a completely different problem, please try the following steps:
- Check the version of the Clever browser extension you're using at chrome://extensions. If there is a more recent version of the extension, download it.
- Update Chrome at chrome://help.
If all else fails, our support team is more than happy to help troubleshoot with you. To help expedite the process, in your request please include:
- The browser details provided by this website
- The version of the Clever browser extension you're using
- The version of Chrome you're using
- The student/teacher number of the user affected
- A screenshot and/or short description of the issue