Clever is a no-cost data integration and single sign-on service that gives back hours of teaching time to districts and schools all over the country. Clever is designed to work at the district level for districts with multiple schools, but charter and private schools can also create Clever accounts.
Things to consider before creating an account:
- Charter and private schools -
- Student Information System (SIS): Clever is designed to sync student data from your SIS, but we understand that many private and charter schools do not have an SIS. You can find a list of our SIS partners here. If you do not have an SIS or do not see your SIS on the list, you will have to create CSV files and upload them via SFTP.
- Team size: Clever setup is most successful when there is a dedicated technology team setting up the account. It is important to consider who will set up and run the account before signing up.
- Local school district - If your private school or charter school is not managed by a local school district, you will likely not find your school name on the drop down menu when signing up. If this is the case, please “Add” your school name and do not sign up as a district.
- Districts with six schools or fewer -
- Syncing: When completing your first sync, you can find more information in these articles: