The first step to log your student into Clever is ensuring you are using a Clever-compatible device or browser. Please visit this article for details. Once you have confirmed this, you can navigate to your district's Clever login page, or to clever.com/login to search for your student's school in order to log in.
- Please note: There may be multiple schools by the same name, so please be sure to select the school associated with your student's school district! If you cannot find their school, please ask their teacher how to log in to Clever.
Read on for additional help logging your student in. Please navigate to the appropriate section below for instructions specific to your district's login method (e.g. Google, Active Directory, etc.).
Log in with Clever
- If your student is using the 'Log in with Clever' option, or only has the option to enter a username and password, enter their district credentials.
- If your student receives an error stating 'Invalid username or password', this means the credentials your student has entered are incorrect for their Clever account.
If allowed by your district, your student can select the 'Get help signing in!' or 'Get help logging in!' option to reset their password.
Log in with Google
- If your student is using the 'Log in with Google' option, they will be redirected to sign in using their school-provided email address and password. They will not log in using a personal Google (@gmail.com) email address.
- If your student receives one of the below errors, here is what to do:
- Wrong password. Try again or click Forgot password to reset it: This means they entered an incorrect password for their school-provided email address. They will need to enter the correct password for their account, or reset it (if applicable).
- Uh oh! We were not able to authenticate using Google email: firstname.lastname@example.org: This means that the school-provided email address they entered is not the same one linked to their Clever account. Please make sure you are using their school-provided email address.
Log in with Active Directory
- If your student is using the 'Log in with Active Directory' method, they will be redirected to sign in to their school district's account through Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS). Student usernames and passwords for ADFS are managed by your student's district administration. Their credentials are usually the email and password they use to log in to their computer at school.
- Please see this section if the login credentials are unsuccessful.
Log in with Badges
- Select the 'Clever Badge Log in' option. You can also go directly to clever.com/badges.
- Your internet browser may ask you to allow clever.com to use your device's camera. Select 'Allow'.
- Hold your student's Badge up to the device's camera, and wait for the green checkmark to log your student into Clever!
Please visit this article for additional instructions for helping your student log in with a badge.
To log out of Clever, navigate to the Clever Portal, hovering over your name in the top-right corner, and click Log out.
Users are also logged out of Clever automatically after:
- 24 hours of inactivity
- The browser is quit (e.g. "Quit Google Chrome").
Closing the browser window will not log the user out of Clever.
How do I get help?
Login credentials for Clever are managed by the school district. If you are unsure of your student's login credentials, receive an error when logging in, or your student's login suddenly stops working, please reach out to your teacher or the district's help desk for assistance.
You can find your district's tech support contact information on the Clever login screen. In most cases, districts provide an email address, phone number, or instructions guiding users to the appropriate contact person or department for assistance.
If you do not see a support contact listed, please contact your student's teacher.