Teachers can create personalized Teacher Pages to house a variety of learning resources they want their students to access. Some examples include:
- District-wide applications
- Various Clever Library applications
- Links to online tools (e.g. Wikipedia.org, Dictionary.com)
- Homework or assignments in Google Drive
- Community websites (e.g. local public library)
Teachers begin with one district page in Clever that contains all of the apps provisioned by the district, and two Teacher Pages:
- One that is private, and not visible to students, which can house various resources that are not student-facing.
- One that is scoped to students. Page visibility can be modified to include students in just one class, multiple classes, all students, and so on!
Teachers have the ability to create additional pages, delete pages, and update page visibility. Students will see all Teacher Pages that have been made visible to them by their teachers.
Creating a new Teacher Page
- Log in to your Clever Portal.
- Select 'Add' in the bottom right of your page.
- Select 'Page' from the menu.
- Edit the page title, add a description, add class resources, and personalize your icon.
- Design your Teacher Page by adding all needed resources, categories and content.
- Once you're ready to publish your page to make it visible to students, select the 'Edit student sharing' option to the left, and then select the appropriate student access.
- Please note: At any time, student sharing can be modified to make the page inaccessible to students, or available only to students in certain classes.
- Select 'Save'.
Adding resources to Teacher Pages
There are a variety of different resources that can be added to your Teacher Page!
The Clever Library is a place for teachers to discover, learn about, and adopt new resources for their classrooms. The resources in the Library can be added to individual Teacher Pages for easy access by students and teachers. If your district has enabled the Clever Library, you can follow the instructions in this article to locate and install various resources.
Adding district-provisioned applications to your Teacher Page is a quick and easy process! Please follow these steps:
- Select the Add option from the bottom-right of your Teacher Page
- Select App.
- A menu will display to the right where you can search for the application to select it.
Please note: If you are unable to locate a district-provisioned application, please reach out to your Clever district admin to request that they share the application with you.
- Select Add <app name> to add it to your Teacher Page.
Links are typically added to Teacher Pages as redirects to applications or resources that are not district-provisioned, or are not integrated with Clever. For these types of resources, you and your students might be directed to the login page of a particular application, or to a resource website. Single sign-on (SSO) is not available for linked resources, and rostering data will not be synced by Clever and must be updated manually within the resource as needed.
Links are a great way to provide easy access to websites, videos, Google docs, and more!
Adding links to your Teacher Page is a quick and easy process! Please follow these steps:
- Select the Add option on the bottom of your Teacher Page and select Link.
- A menu will display to the right allowing you to paste the URL for the page this link should direct to which should always begin with https://
- Select Next.
- Select one of the provided icons to represent your link, or upload your own icon!
To upload your own icon, select Upload in order to search for the appropriate image from your desktop. Images must be in the .png file format, and less than 2MB.
- Enter a title to help your students locate the link.
- Choose the appropriate category for your link.
- Select Add link.
Uploading resources as PDFs is quick and easy on Clever! Simply follow these directions:
- Navigate to your Teacher Page
- Select Add > PDFs
- Select the File to be uploaded from your device. The max file size is 10MB.
- Enter the File Name to display to students
- Select the Category where you want the file to be displayed on your Teacher Page
- Select the desired Icon or upload your own!
- Once the file has been successfully uploaded to Clever (Cloud is Green), select Add PDF
The file is now accessible to student on your Teacher Page! When the student clicks on the file, the PDF will open in their web browser (e.g. Google Chrome). They can download or print the PDF using the tools in the top-right corner:
Need help downloading your resource as a PDF to upload to Clever? Directions for popular programs can be found below:
- Google Docs
File > Download > PDF Document (.pdf)
- Google Slides
File > Download > PDF Document (.pdf)
- Microsoft Word
File > Save as > File Format: PDF > Export
- Microsoft PowerPoint
File > Save as > File Format: PDF > Save
Organizing my Teacher Page
To make it easier for students to find resources in your Teacher Page, you can organize them into different categories. Categories provide a way to separate your resources by class, topic, and so on.
- Categories can be reordered or deleted by using the arrow and trash icons next to the category name.
- New categories can be created by clicking the green 'Add' button to the bottom right of your Teacher Page, and then selecting 'Category'.
- Resources can be reorganized by dragging and dropping them into the appropriate categories.
Deleting Links and Resources
Links and resources can be deleted from Teacher Pages by following these instructions:
- From your Teacher Page, hover over the resource or link you'd like to remove.
- Select 'Edit'.
- In the sidebar that opens, select 'Delete resource'.
Teachers can send messages to students via the Clever Portal! Teacher announcements provide a quick and easy way to share messages with your students via Teacher Pages. Students are even able to reply to teacher announcements! For details, please visit this article.
What will my students see?
Students will see any Teacher Pages that have been made visible to them in Clever! Once a Teacher Page has been designed, and all needed resources added, teachers update the page visibility so it will be seen by their designated students.
When students log into Clever, they will see an icon in their Portal for each Teacher Page that has been shared with them.
If a student clicks on your Teacher Page icon, they will be directed to your page and can access all associated resources.
Deleting a Teacher Page
Clever requires at least one Teacher Page per teacher account. If you determine you do not want students to access a page, you can modify the student sharing to make it inaccessible to students using the instructions in this section.
If you have multiple Teacher Pages and would like to delete one of them, you can navigate to your Clever 'Homeroom' tab and then hover over the page to select 'Delete Page'.
Transitioning to a new school year
Great news - teacher pages are preserved from across academic years! No need to recreate teacher pages for your students.
When your school transitions to a new school year in Clever, our system will automatically update any teacher pages shared with specific sections to “Just me” sharing. This excludes “Just Me” and “All sections” pages.
This update is to ensure that Teacher Pages are consciously shared with your students. As such, students won't see a section-specific teacher page until you decide to share it with them.
As a teacher, you will see an “Attention Needed” message for any teacher page that is affected. When you click on the teacher page you will be guided through re-sharing the teacher page with students for the new academic year.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Clever support! We are happy to help!