You’re almost ready to roll out Clever single sign-on (SSO) at your district saving students and teachers hours of class time each week! Before you do, you will want to run one last test to make sure your setup is working properly. This step should only take a few minutes to complete.
Testing SSO logins
- First, make sure you have the Clever login credentials for a few students and teachers.
- Then, navigate to your district dashboard > Portal > SSO Settings page to copy your district's unique Clever login Portal URL. For instructions on customizing your Portal URL, visit this article.
- Open an incognito browser window (e.g. Chrome, Firefox & Edge).
- Paste your district's Portal URL in the address bar and hit enter. This will lead you to your district's unique Clever login page.
- Attempt to log in as various users to see if you are successful.
Tips and Troubleshooting
- If you’re not able to use an incognito window, a regular browser window is fine. You will just need to make sure you’re logged out of Clever, and any other Identity Providers (e.g. Google, Active Directory), before attempting to log in as another user. Otherwise, you will continue to be logged in to your account rather than the one you are testing.
- If you don’t have access to student or teacher login credentials, have a small group of teachers test their own logins to see if they are successful. You can share the login instructions with them that are downloadable from your district dashboard > Portal > Portal Settings page.
- Utilize your district dashboard > Support Tools > Login Logs to make sure logins are successful, and find information about any errors you’re seeing. For more about Login Logs, visit this article.
Once you’ve tested Clever SSO, and have confirmed successful logins, make sure to let your district users know they can log in! Track the success of your rollout from your district dashboard > Analytics page. For details about Clever Analytics, visit this article.
If you continue to have issues, please visit these helpful troubleshooting articles!