Welcome to Clever! We are so excited to get you all set up. Below you will find the five essential steps to get your Clever account up and running.
Step 1: Choose your Identity Provider (IDP)
- Now you should choose how students, teachers, and admins will log into Clever and access all online learning applications in one place!
- To set up single sign-on (SSO), navigate to your district dashboard > Portal > SSO Settings page. From here, you will be able to choose the Identity Provider (e.g. Google, Active Directory, LDAP, etc.) that works best for users at your district. See our article: Single Sign-On (SSO) for more information
Step 2: Connect your SIS
- There are three ways to sync data to Clever: via a Clever Managed Auto Sync, an SIS-Managed Auto Sync, or SFTP.
- Syncing data with Clever is easy and can be done with any SIS! Navigate to Sync > Settings and find your SIS from the drop down menu. If you cannot find your SIS listed here, choose Other.
- Learn more about syncing with Clever in the Secure Sync: Auto Syncs and Secure Sync: SFTP sections of our Help Center!
Step 3: Add Applications
- Clever Allows you to seamlessly sync data with multiple online applications! To add an application, navigate to your Clever district dashboard > Applications > Request Applications page, and then request your desired application(s). See our articles about Managing Applications for more information
Step 4: Share Data
- After you have added a new application to Clever, you’ll need to set data sharing permissions for the application in order to specify what data you'd like to make available to that specific application.
- From the Applications page, find your newest application(s) from your list of connected learning applications. On the left hand side, choose No Data Shared. The next screen will prompt you to choose a sharing type. Visit this article for more details about sharing data with district applications!