Clever Badges are an easy and secure way for your student to log in to Clever using a device's webcam rather than entering a username and password!
Log into Clever using a Badge
1. Your student will first need to obtain a Clever Badge from their teacher or school.
2. Then, navigate to the Clever login page for your student's district. If you don't know the district's Clever login page, please navigate to clever.com/login and search for your student's school.
- Please note: There may be multiple schools by the same name, so please be sure to select the school associated with your student's school district!
3. Select the 'Clever Badge Log in' option. You can also go directly to clever.com/badges.
4. Your internet browser may ask you to allow clever.com to use your device's camera. Select 'Allow'.
5. Hold your student's Badge up to the device's camera, and wait for the green checkmark to log your student into Clever!
6. Once your student is logged into their Clever Portal, they can click on the application icon they'd like to use:
Using a 6-digit Badge PIN
If your student's school district has enabled Badge PINs for your student's account, your student will be asked to create or enter a 6-digit PIN. Be sure to have your student create a PIN that they will remember!
What if my student forgot their Badge PIN?
1. If your student forgot their 6-digit Badge PIN, please contact your student's teacher or school to help them log in to Clever.
Please note: If you are unsure who to reach out to at your student's school, you can typically locate the appropriate contact information by selecting the 'Get help signing in' or 'Get help logging in!' option from your district's Clever login page.
2. Once your student is in their Clever Portal, they can reset their 6-digit PIN by clicking on their name in the top-right corner, and selecting 'Reset your Badge PIN'.
What if I cannot print my student's Badge?
If you do not have access to a printer, try the following:
- Save the Clever Badge to the photo app on your phone
- Open the website clever.com/badges on your student's computer or device.
- Open the photo of the Badge on your phone, turn your phone's screen to face the computer, and hold it up to the camera.
- The badge should successfully scan!
Tip: If it does not scan at first, try adjusting the distance and angle from the camera!