The Clever app is available for download from the App Store on iOS devices. This article details the user experience when using the Clever app on mobile iOS devices (e.g. iPads, iPhones) versions 9.0 or later.
Expected Login Behavior
Students logging in with Badges
- The first step is for students to download the Clever iOS app from the App Store.
- They will then click on the Clever app to open it.
- The first screen students will see is the Clever badge camera.
- In the top right corner, students have the ability to toggle between the front-facing and back facing camera.
- Once the badge camera appears, students will need to hold their badge up to the camera on the mobile device.
- If the student is using a valid badge, they will see a green checkmark with sparkles signifying a successful login!
- If the student sees a red X, they may need to reach out to their teacher or a district admin for assistance.
- The Clever app will then open in the Safari browser where students can access all of their learning applications.
Logging in with credentials
- When opening the Clever app, users will see the Badge Camera.
- They will select the 'Log in with username/password' option at the bottom of the screen which will open a new Clever tab in a Safari browser.
- The user will locate their school from the Clever login page.
- They will then be led to their district's login page where they can select the appropriate login method (e.g. Log in with Google, Log in with Clever, etc.) and enter their credentials. For more information on this, please visit:
Best practices for using multiple apps in one session
We aim to connect students, teachers, and staff to as many of their resources as possible. After a user is logged in to Clever:
- They can click on one of their connected applications.
- This will open the application or external link within the original tab.
- If a user wants to go back to the previous tab, they should use the Safari back button. They will still be signed into their Clever portal when they go back, and can then access their other applications from there.
Best practices for logging out of Clever
Whether using a shared device or not, best practice is to always log out of your district's Identity Provider (IDP) in addition to Clever when you are finished. To do this, follow these steps:
Step 1: Log out of Clever
- From the Clever Portal, click on your name in the top right corner, and select Log out.
Step 2: Log out of your district's Identity Provider (IDP)
- For example: Google, Active Directory, LDAP, Canvas, Clever Passwords
Additional resources regarding the Clever iOS app:
- For Families: Troubleshooting issues with the Clever iOS app
- For Teachers: How do I troubleshoot using the Clever iOS app?
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to Clever support! We are happy to help!