- Make sure your district is set up with Clever! If your district has not been set up with Clever, you can get started by going to this link: https://clever.com/signup
- If your district is already on Clever, you can add GradeCam by following these instructions:
- Log into your Clever Dashboard and select: Applications > Add Applications from the left navigation.
- Search for GradeCam
- You will then be brought to a page where you can request the application. When requesting an application, select whether or not your district has already purchased the application. When you click "Haven't Purchased" for applications that have free trials, you'll receive a prompt asking if you would like to try a free trial.
- You will also be asked if you would like to request a custom Launch Date. The Launch Date is the first day users can access the app through Clever.
- Once you have made your selections, click Request!
- GradeCam supports rostering and single sign-on (SSO) for teacher users. Upon first SSO login through Clever, GradeCam will prompt teachers to either enter existing GradeCam login credentials or create new ones, allowing SSO ongoing. (SSO through Clever is not required by GradeCam as teachers can log in directly at app.gradecam.com.)
- Once districts have shared data with GradeCam, the GradeCam team will set up the initial sync - they’ll reach out to let you know when that’s finished!
GradeCam requires Term Name for sections, and they would prefer to have Term Start and Term End dates as well. Depending on your SIS, setting this up can be a little tricky, so here are some general guidelines:
Clever-Managed Auto Syncs:
For our Aeries, Infinite Campus API, PowerSchool, Illuminate, Skyward API and Skyward Auto Syncs, Clever pulls these fields by default. If the default field Clever is using isn’t the best for your district, you can set up a custom mapping by following the instructions in this Help Center article: How do I customize my auto-sync?
If you’re having trouble setting up the custom mapping, please reach out to Clever Support!
For our Infinite Campus Auto Sync, we do not pull these fields by default. We recommend reaching out to Clever Support to get that set up.
SIS-Managed Auto Syncs:
Please reach out to your SIS vendor and let them know that you would like to have Term Name, Term Start, and Term End dates added to your sync.
A full list of Clever-managed and SIS-managed auto syncs can be found here: Which SISs support an auto sync?
Your district will need to add the Term_name, Term_start, and Term_end fields to your Sections CSV file. You can use this Help Center article to help you format your file: SFTP: How do I format my CSV files?
Why am I getting a “data warning” or a “data requirement” error?
A data requirement error occurs when the record is incompatible with GradeCam's integration with Clever, and the user or section will not appear in the application. Data Requirements must be resolved for users or sections to be successfully processed by the application.
A data warning error occurs when the user or section has a compatibility issue with the application that may result in a degraded app experience. We recommend addressing these issues or contacting the application directly to determine the impact of a particular Data Warning.
For an in-depth look into any existing GradeCam data warnings or errors, please refer to the Data Quality page of the Clever dashboard.
Why is a teacher missing from GradeCam?
- Make sure that the teacher has sections in Clever - GradeCam will not import teachers without section assignments. You can check this by searching for the teacher in the Data Browser.
- GradeCam only supports primary teachers. If a section has co-teachers, they will not be synced to GradeCam.