- Make sure your district is set up with Clever! If your district has not been set up with Clever, you can get started by going to this link: https://clever.com/signup
- If your district is already on Clever, you can add Summit Learning by following these instructions:
- Log into your Clever Dashboard and select: Applications > Add Applications from the left navigation.
- Search for Summit Learning
- You will then be brought to a page where you can authorize requesting the applications. When requesting Summit Learning, select that you have already purchased the application (Summit Learning is free, so you don't need to make a purchase).
- You will also be asked if you would like to request a custom Launch Date. The Launch Date is the first day users can access the app through Clever.
- Once you have made your selections, click Request!
- Please note that you will need to have Google or O365 for Education schoolwide to access Summit
- You will need to let Summit know that you’re ready to sync through Clever- data won’t automatically sync to Summit platform. Contact Summit Support or your Summit representative to get started!
Recommended Sharing Rules
Summit recommends that you create a custom section sharing rule for your district. The simplest way to do so, is to “Share by Rules” in Clever. You can create a sharing rule by following these steps:
- Access the Sharing Permissions page for Summit Learning. To do this, log in to your Clever account and click the icon for the name of the app in the sidebar. From the 'Data Sharing' tab, click Share by Rules
- Select the type of rule you want to create. You can build off one of our pre-existing templates or create your own. We recommend choosing “Custom share by section”, as it will allow you to create your own rule that can apply specifically to classes shared with Summit Learning
- Create your rule. You can share classes with certain course names or numbers, grades, subjects or schools
Here’s an example rule: I want to share all 1st or 2nd grade classes in Pineapple where the name of the class contains the word “Homeroom”.
You can find out more about setting up sharing rules in this Help Center article:
- The name of your school(s)
- The date that you want to start syncing
Why am I getting a “data warning” or a “data requirement” error?
A data requirement error occurs when the record is incompatible with Summit Learning’s integration with Clever, and the user or section will not appear in the application. Data Requirements must be resolved for users or sections to be successfully processed by the application.
A data warning error occurs when the user or section has a compatibility issue with the application that may result in a degraded app experience. We recommend addressing these issues or contacting the application directly to determine the impact of a particular Data Warning.
Why is my data not showing up in the Summit Learning Platform?
Depending on your sync type, Clever either pulls data from your SIS, or data is submitted to Clever from your SIS. That data is then made available to Summit Learning to sync to their system. There is a lag time between these processes, as the sync with Clever and the sync with Summit may not happen at the same time. If you do not see updated data within 48 hours after making a change, please contact Clever Support.
Why is my student or teacher missing from Summit Learning?
Please check to see if this user meets the following requirements before reaching out to Summit Learning:
- In your SIS data
- In your Clever data
If the user is missing from your Clever data, but in your SIS, please contact Clever Support.
How do semester-long courses work?
By default, courses in the Summit Learning Platform last the entire school year. If you need to create a semester long course, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the course and the course’s start and end dates.
If you update or create new sections in your SIS mid-year, they will appear in the Summit Learning Platform, and you can link these sections to your semester-long course.
Troubleshooting for the Summit Learning Platform
Why am I not seeing a teacher/student/section in the Summit Learning Platform?
This teacher/student/section is most likely not in Clever. Check your Clever account dashboard to confirm that the teacher/student/section is there. If the teacher/student/section isn’t there, you’ll have to update your SIS with this information.
I made changes to my SIS. What else do I need to do?
You need to sync your SIS with Clever again, which will then allow the platform to sync with Clever. The platform syncs with Clever each night, so it can take up to a day for your SIS changes to appear in the platform.
Managing Teacher Accounts in the Summit Learning Platform and in Clever
Why do teachers in the platform not have any students?
Teacher email addresses in the platform need to match their email addresses in Clever. Check that each teacher in the platform has an email address that matches their email address listed in Clever.
What happens if…
I created a teacher account in the platform, but a teacher exists with the same email address in Clever? The platform will match the teacher’s platform account with the Clever account.
I created a teacher account in the platform, but a teacher exists with a different email address in Clever? You’ll need to match the teacher’s platform account with the Clever account when you sync teachers. Otherwise, this teacher will have two accounts in the platform.
I didn’t create a teacher account in the platform, but that teacher exists in Clever? The platform will automatically add this teacher.
Managing Students and Sections in the Summit Learning Platform
Why am I not seeing my course in the platform?
Make sure that the course you plan on using in the platform is matched with a section in your SIS.
Why am I not seeing students in my course in the platform?
Make sure that the course you plan on using in the platform is matched with a section in your SIS. You'll also want to make sure that you've received, and recorded the receipt of, parental consent forms. Keep in mind that students can't log in until their parental consent form boxes are checked off.
I think there might be a mistake with the students and/or sections I'm trying to import. What should I do?
If you import any students or sections with incorrect or missing information, it’s okay! Update the incorrect or missing information in your SIS, then make sure your SIS syncs with Clever again.
Managing Sections in the Summit Learning Platform
Why do I need to include course numbers?
The platform needs course numbers in order to match courses in the platform to sections in your SIS. We recommend that all sections of a course have the same course number but a different section number in order to make the process of matching courses easier and more efficient.
Who should I ask for help with this issue?
If it’s related to data within Clever, or data coming from Clever, please contact Clever support.
If it’s related to an aspect of the Summit Learning Platform, please contact Summit Learning Support