- Make sure your district is set up with Clever! If your district has not been set up with Clever, you can get started by going to this link: https://clever.com/signup
- If your district is already on Clever, you can add Keyboarding Without Tears by following these instructions:
- Log into your Clever Dashboard and select: Applications > Add Applications from the left navigation.
- Search for Keyboarding Without Tears
- Authorize the request. When requesting an application, you can select whether or not your district has already purchased the application. When you click "Haven't Purchased" for applications that have free trials, you'll receive a prompt asking if you would like a free trial.
- You will also have the option to request a custom Launch Date. The Launch Date is the first day users can access the app through Clever.
- Once you have made your selections, click Request!
- If your district is adding Keyboarding Without Tears for the first time:
- Confirm you have sent a purchase order to KWT. If you haven’t received a response to the purchase order within 48 hours, please contact email@example.com
- If your district has used Keyboarding Without Tears in the past:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org once you’ve shared data in Clever to confirm your order
- Confirm your roster data does not exceed your grade level license data
Recommended Sharing Rules
It’s important to only share the one section that is using Keyboarding Without Tears in the classroom. The simplest way to do so, is to “Share by Rules” in Clever. You can create a sharing rule by following these steps:
- Access the Sharing Permissions page for Keyboarding Without Tears. To do this, log in to your Clever account and click the icon for the name of the app in the sidebar. From the 'Data Sharing' tab, click Share by Rules
- Select the type of rule you want to create. You can build off one of our pre-existing templates or create your own. We recommend choosing “Custom share by section”, as it will allow you to create your own rule that can apply specifically to classes using Keyboarding Without Tears
- Create your rule. You can share classes with certain course names or numbers, grades, subjects or schools
We also recommend using this Help Center article when setting up custom sharing rules:
If you need any further assistance setting up sharing rules please contact Clever Support.
Why am I getting a “data warning” or a “data requirement” error?
A data requirement error occurs when the record is incompatible with Keyboarding Without Tears’ integration with Clever. The user or section will not appear in the application. Data Requirements must be resolved for users or sections to be successfully processed by the application.
A data warning error occurs when the user or section has a compatibility issue with the application that may result in a degraded app experience. We recommend addressing these issues or contacting Keyboarding Without Tears directly to determine the impact of a particular Data Warning.
How do I manually add a user or a co-teacher?
You can manually add users as staff members, through a CSV upload to Clever through your District Dashboard, or by creating a custom staff account. For more information on adding staff users to Clever, check out the following Help Center article: How do I add staff and school administrators in Clever?
You can also add co-teachers to Clever either through your sync, or manually within the district dashboard. Find more information on how to do this here: How do I sync co-teachers?
If your district is using a Clever-managed sync, such as PowerSchool or Illuminate, you can see in the chart below if your SIS supports syncing co-teachers to Clever:
Supports Co-Teachers in Clever
Does Not Support Co-Teachers in Clever
I have teachers and students at more than one school site. Can they still connect to KWT through Clever?
Keyboarding Without Tears doesn’t accept students or teachers that are associated with more than one school. You can change this in your SIS or you can modify the sharing rules to exclude the student or teachers’ secondary associations. Please contact Clever Support for help setting this up.
Why is my student or teacher missing from Keyboarding Without Tears?
Please check to see if this user meets the following requirements before reaching out to Keyboarding Without Tears:
- In your SIS data
- In your Clever data
Also, make sure that the student or teacher doesn’t have any dual enrollments.