What makes Badges for older students different?
For best security practices, your district requires a secure PIN for older students to log into Clever when using a Badge. Clever requires a PIN for all students grades 7 and above that login using a Badge. A district can choose to adjust this setting to require PINs for Badges beginning at an earlier grade.
Setting student PIN
To set a PIN, students will navigate to clever.com/badges, hold their Badge up to the camera, and then be authenticated to the page displayed below.
The first time a student uses a PIN-enabled Badge, they will see the screen below that will prompt them to set a PIN.
On this screen, the student will enter their new PIN twice and then be signed in to Clever! After this initial setup, your students will be able to log into Clever using their Badge and their PIN!
Troubleshooting forgotten PINs
In order for your student to reset their Badge PIN they will need to be logged in to their Clever Portal. If your student has forgotten their PIN, they can log in to Clever by using a Backup Login Code. You are able to generate a Backup Login Code from your teacher Portal.
From the teacher’s Clever Portal:
- Log into your Clever Portal and select “Help A Student”
- Choose the student you wish to help from the dropdown menu
- You will see a six-digit backup code. Write this code down and pass it along securely to your student. The code will expire in 20 minutes.
How does a student log in using a Backup Code?
- The student will go to your district's Clever Portal login page and click “Get help signing in” under the password field
- The student will then click “Log in with a Backup Code”
- The student will then enter the Backup Code on the next screen, and click Log in. This will log them into their Clever account
Once the student is logged into their Clever Portal, they can reset their 6-digit PIN by clicking on their name in the top-right corner, and selecting 'Reset your Badge PIN'.