Edtech Analytics is a dashboard that allows you to view application usage across your district. This article provides answers to frequently asked questions about Edtech Analytics setup.
To set it up, you will need to follow the steps within your district admin Clever account. Even if you have the Clever browser extension set up for students and teachers to access SSO (Saved Passwords) apps, you’ll still need to install the Clever Plus extension which will replace the Clever extension. Clever Plus supports both Saved Passwords and Edtech Analytics functionality
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some common questions about the set up guide. If you have more questions not answered in this article, please feel free to reach out to support!
What devices and browsers are supported?
- Our set up guide supports Chromebooks and Windows devices using Chrome browsers. This feature is currently not supported on mobile devices (e.g. iOS, Android, etc.) or other browsers (e.g. Firefox, Edge, etc.). The extension can report on other types of devices as long as the user is logged into the Chrome browser with an email that the district has applied the settings to.
Which Identity Providers are supported?
- Your users must be logging into their devices with either Google, ADFS, or Azure. We currently do not support devices using LDAPS to authenticate users.
- In Step 2 of the guide, you'll find the Clever Edtech Analytics Addendum. We also recommend checking out our Trust Center for more information on how Clever handles student data privacy as a whole.
Should I apply the policies to User and Device OUs?
- Your district can apply the settings to either user or device OUs, and we recommend applying the policies to both.
How many users or devices should I set this for?
- We recommend applying this to at least 500 devices or 10% of students. The Edtech Analytics dashboard will not appear until data is collected at that threshold.
Do I need to complete both guides?
- The first guide is for Chromebooks and the second guide is for Windows Devices. If your district is only using one type of device, then you can skip ahead to complete the guide.
Which extension should I delete?
- The Clever Plus extension (ID -
dikiaagfielfbnbbopidjjagldjopbpa) provides the functionality for both Saved Passwords and Edtech Analytics. We recommend removing the Clever extension (ID -
nopfnnpnopgmcnkjchnlpomggcdjfepo), but having both will not affect the normal user flow.