What is a sync pause?
A sync pause allows you to preserve your most recent sync in Clever indefinitely. While your sync is paused, Clever will not process any new data, allowing you to make changes to your SIS without interrupting student or teacher access to applications. Current school year data will be "frozen" in Clever for the duration of your pause; however, you are still able to upload new summer school data to Clever via custom data (students, teachers, sections, enrollments).
When your sync is paused:
- Rosters will not sync from your SIS to Clever: SFTP uploads will not be processed, and automatic syncs will not run (this means that changes made in your SIS will not interrupt student and teacher access to applications)
- Applications may still sync rosters from Clever into the app. If you'd like your application(s) to stop pulling data from Clever, please reach out to your application representative
- You can continue to update sharing permissions with applications
- Your sync status will appear as “paused” in your Clever Dashboard
- All team members on the account will receive an email notification the day before the pause begins
When your pause ends or is canceled:
- Clever will resume syncing with your SIS (auto syncs), or process your next upload (SFTP syncs)
- If your data has changed significantly, your account will go on hold
- You can confirm that your account is syncing correctly by checking the sync status on your Dashboard
- All team members on the account will receive an email reminder on the last day of the pause
Schedule a pause with a pause end date
To freeze the data currently in Clever, you can schedule a pause from the Sync Settings page of your Clever Dashboard.
When you schedule a pause with a Pause Start Date and Pause End Date from your Sync Settings page, your sync will be paused from the beginning of the Pause Start Date through the end of the Pause End Date. For example, if the Pause Start Date is 6/15/2020 and the Pause End Date is 8/9/2020, Clever will stop processing updates to your data on 6/15/2020, and will begin processing updates again on 8/10/2020.
To schedule a pause, navigate to your Sync Settings, select a Pause Start Date and Pause End Date, and click "Update." You can extend your pause by editing the Pause End Date, or begin syncing again at any time by clicking "Clear."
Schedule an indefinite pause
When scheduling a pause without a Pause End Date in your Sync Settings page, your data will not be updated in Clever until you clear the pause.
To schedule an indefinite pause, select a Pause Start Date, and click "Update" without selecting a Pause End Date. To begin syncing again, click "Clear" at any time.
Summer school step 2: Upload custom data
Now that your pause is scheduled, please move on to the second step in setting up your Clever account for summer school: Uploading summer school rosters via custom data.