What is custom data?
Custom data is a way to create data records within Clever that do not exist in your district’s SIS (Student Information System). This can be helpful in cases such as summer school, organizing unique groups of students, and adding staff members who are not in the district’s information system. Custom data can be created, edited, and browsed from the Custom Data page at https://schools.clever.com/custom-data/browse/.
How does custom data support rostering for summer school?
We know that many districts house summer school data outside of the SISs used during the school year. Custom data enables you to easily upload new summer rosters into Clever without reconfiguring the sync used to send rosters to Clever throughout the fall and spring terms. Custom data also allows you to consistently update summer school data while "freezing" spring data in Clever via the sync pause.
If you plan to add new summer school users and sections to Clever and share them with learning applications after your sync is paused you’ll need to use custom data.
How can I upload custom data?
Before getting started, there are a few important points to keep in mind:
- You can bulk upload custom students, sections, and enrollments via the dashboard or SFTP. Custom teachers and staff will need to be added individually from your dashboard.
- Primary school associations for students and teachers cannot be changed with custom data.
- Custom students cannot be added to existing non-custom sections.
- Co-teachers can be added manually to custom sections.
- You can bulk upload extension fields. Adding extension fields may help with setting up sharing rules.
Learn more about how to upload custom data here.
Summer school step 3: Adjust Clever settings
Once you have uploaded your summer school data, please move on to the third step in setting up your Clever account for summer school: Adjusting Clever settings for summer school.