Initial Set Up Process
New Clever Districts:
- If your district has not been set up with Clever, you can get started by going to this link: https://clever.com/signup or accept your invite to set up with Clever by clicking the ‘Set up with Clever’ link in your email invitation from ANet.
- Set your password and log in to the Clever Dashboard (your username is your email address).
- Connect your student information system (SIS) data to Clever by going to the Sync page from the left-hand side of your Clever Dashboard and choosing your SIS from the dropdown menu.
The instructions to connect your SIS data will appear once you’ve selected your SIS and will vary depending on your sync type. Check out this article for more information: Which sync option should I choose?
Existing Clever districts
If your district already uses Clever, connecting to ANet can take only a few clicks! These are the steps you can expect:
- Accept ANet’s invite to connect.
- Share the correct roster data.
- Check when your users will have access to start logging in.
Here are your steps to get started:
1. Accept your invite to set up with Clever by clicking the ‘Accept Your Invitation’ link in your email invitation. Once you’re logged into your Clever dashboard, review and accept the invite (note: you can always update data sharing at any time).
2. Share your data with ANet.
If you accepted your invite with “recommended sharing”, you’re probably already done or nearly there!
3.Review your data
Review your ANet overview page to see what data you’ve approved to share. For an even deeper look, review the data in the Data Browser or simply search for a record in the “Search” box, located on the top of your dashboard screen.
If you need to make any updates, use the “Edit sharing” link on ANet Overview.
4. Check your launch date
Once you’ve confirmed the right data is being shared, make sure that students and teachers can start logging into ANet at the right time by checking your launch date.
Your “launch date” is the day that the ANet icon will appear in the Clever Portal for teachers, students, and admins to login. If you need this updated, please request that action from ANet Support. For more on launch dates, see this article.
Recommended Sharing Rules
ANet recommends you share your data by rules. This ensures Clever is only sharing the data that ANet needs, and additional data isn’t being shared unnecessarily. If you are accepting ANet’s invitation to connect, we will already have suggested sharing rules set up through the invitation. Accepting ANet’s invitation is the recommended process. If you are requesting to sync with ANet, you will need to set up your own sharing rules. Read this article to learn more about how to Share by Rules or follow the guidance below:
There are a number of 'Fields' districts can use to either include or exclude data with the application sharing rules. The fields available are dependent on the type of sharing rule you selected (e.g. share by teacher, share by section, share by student)
- The modifiers available are:
- equals any of
- does not equal any of
- contains text
- does not contain text
- starts with text
You should only share the classes that will be administering ANet assessments (subjects and grade levels). This is typically limited to only classes that are labeled ELA and/or Math in your SIS, and grades 2 through high school.
If your special education or gifted classes are listed as something other than ELA and/or Math, and are administering ANet assessments, you will want to share these classes as well.
Please note, ANet cannot process rostering information for classes whose teacher’s do not have email addresses in Clever. Please confirm all teachers have unique school emails when sharing your rostering information with ANet.
If you have any teachers without email addresses, these will appear in your data warnings, illustrated below.
How to set up single sign-on
Students can use Clever SSO to log into their ANet application. To set up student SSO, please view this resource. We recommend testing student SSO prior to their ANet administration to limit unforeseen challenges.
Creating Custom Sections
Clever Custom Sections allow district administrators to create and manage sections manually within the Clever Dashboard. Once custom sections are created in Clever, administrators can share them with ANet through the Clever sharing permissions interface. You can read more about Clever custom sections here.
A few examples for when you’d want to create Custom Sections are:
- <High School Only> One class period contains multiple courses. ANet can only assign one course per period, so if students take different courses in the same class, you will need to create Clever Custom Sections for each course within the period
- If you want to view your data differently than is currently coming through Clever (e.g. view data by homeroom as opposed to ELA and/or Math class)
In your SIS, some sections may be assigned to a specific term. Students in a given section will have an active enrollment in Clever during the dates of that term. When a term ends, students in those sections no longer have an active enrollment. When this occurs, a student may not have access to ANet through Clever for 1-2 business days while the ANet team shifts the student from their old section to their new section. Please reach out to ANet Support in advance to coordinate logistics.
This resource provides additional information about terms. If you have any questions or concerns about the ability for a student to view their ANet interim during a term rollover, please contact ANet Support so we can strategize with your district.
Maintaining Student Rostering Information
Throughout the year, ANet will automatically receive any student or enrollment changes that are made in your SIS through Clever. Please ensure that your Student Information System is up-to-date so students are properly enrolled at the time of their administration. You should expect these changes are reflected in ANet within 48 hours of the update in your Student Information System. If you have questions about maintaining your student roster reach out to ANet Support.
Why is my data not showing up in ANet?
Depending on your sync type, Clever either pulls data from your SIS, or data is submitted to Clever from your SIS. That data is then made available to ANet to sync to their system. There is a lag time between these processes, as the sync with Clever and the sync with ANet may not happen at the same time. If you do not see updated data within 48 hours after making a change, please contact ANet Support.
Why is my student or teacher missing from my ANet roster?
Please check to see if this user meets the following requirements before reaching out to ANet:
- Student or teacher is present in your SIS data
- Student or teacher is present in our Clever data and shared with ANet
ANet only rosters primary teachers. If a section has co-teachers, they will not be synced to your ANet roster.
If the user is missing from your Clever data, but in your SIS, please contact Clever Support.
Why are classes missing from Clever?
If the class is missing from your Clever data, but in your SIS, please contact Clever Support.
Why is a teacher missing from my ANet Roster?
- Make sure that the teacher has sections in Clever - ANet will not import teachers without section assignments. You can check this by searching for the teacher in the Data Browser.
- ANet only rosters primary teachers. If a section has co-teachers, they will not be synced to your ANet roster.
Who should I ask for help with this issue?
- If the issue is related to data within Clever or data coming from Clever, please contact Clever Support.
If the issue is related to functionality within ANet, such as assessment availability, please contact ANet Support.