What is a Teacher Quickstart Guide
Library applications can create a Quickstart guide on Clever to help teachers feel confident about setting up your application. This proven format generates a 10% increase in user engagement with your application.
The structure of this guide was developed in response to teacher feedback: the biggest barrier to using an app is finding the time and energy to get it set up.
Once your Quickstart Guide is published in Clever, your app detail page will show a link that teachers can access anytime, and any teacher that installs your app from the Library will be notified and nudged to use your guide if they have not yet logged in and used your application. Sometimes, teachers just need a reminder and easy steps - and Clever is here to help with that!
Teachers can immediately launch your application from the Quickstart Guide.
How do I create a Teacher Quickstart Guide
- Log in to Clever
- Navigate to Library > Teacher Quickstart Guide in your left hand navigation menu
- To begin, first input Account Syncing information. The answer is yes only if your application requires teachers to take an additional action after Clever sends your app the rostering data. Example actions:
- Teacher is required to click a button to ‘sync’ their class from Clever.
- Teacher is required to upload or input their classes into the application
- Fill out the following How to use steps. Your application must fill out a minimum of 1 step, and can fill out a max of 3 steps. Note that there is a character limit per step to improve readability for teachers.
Tips for creating an effective guide
A successful Quickstart Guide is one that motivates teachers to launch the application and take the simple steps involved in setup. A less successful guide might contain accurate Getting Started content, but may ultimately feel too complex for teachers to launch at that moment.
- Avoid linking to your website’s help center articles instead of writing the essential content within Clever
- If you’re uploading screenshots for each step, indicate which button(s)/sections teachers need to engage with, using arrows, callout boxes, etc.