The "Troubleshoot user login" tool is the perfect utility for quickly identifying root cause issues of login errors and missing icons in the portal.
You can find the tool in two places:
1. From the Clever Dashboard, navigate to Support Tools > Troubleshoot Login
2. You can also access the tool from a student or teacher profile. From a user profile, click Troubleshoot user login
Using the "Troubleshoot Login" tool
- Navigate to the Troubleshoot Login tool
- Select a user using Clever ID, SIS ID, Name, or Email and selecting the name of the application they having problems accessing.
The tool will complete a root cause analysis of the issue.
- Review of the summary of checks
- Review the Recommended Action
This will indicate who will need to take action to resolve the issue. There are 3 possible options: District, App, or Clever
- Review the Issue Details shown underneath the Recommended Action. This will provide information on how to address any issues that have been flagged by the tool.
To make communication simple, we have provided a Copy issue description function to allow you to easily include this information in your communication with the district, app, or Clever.
Additionally, the tool will highlight related Help Center articles that can be leveraged to assist with resolving the issues detected.
Please note, there may be multiple issues that will need to be addressed to restore the login for a user.
Result types & error messages
For more information on result types, error messages, and how to resolve issue, please see this article.
Which apps display in the app dropdown?
- The application dropdown will only display applications that have been added to the district's Clever account. If an application does not display, this means the application has not been added to the district's Clever account.
Will Library apps appear in the Troubleshoot Login tool?
- Yes. Applications installed by teachers through the Clever Library will display in the Troubleshoot Login tool.