Districts can easily set up single sign-on (SSO) for Schoology leveraging Clever’s SSO (Saved Passwords) application, providing a seamless SSO experience for every user.
1. District user accounts and credentials for the app:
- The first step is to ensure your district users have accounts and login credentials for the SSO (Saved Passwords) application. Please work with Schoology to ensure Schoology accounts are created and login credentials are configured. This must be done prior to setting up SSO in Clever.
2. Device setup
- Install the Clever Chrome extension on all non-iOS devices that will be used to access the application through Clever. This includes home devices for users who will be accessing this app from home. The Clever browser extension facilitates single sign-on for SSO (Saved Passwords) apps. Please visit this article for more information.
- The Clever browser extension is not required for iOS devices (e.g. iPads, iPhones) as these devices use the Clever app which acts as the browser extension. Please visit this article for more information.
3. Click here to add the Schoology app
4. Select Request application
5. On the next screen, select which schools you would like to have access to Schoology. Select Share
6. Select Finish
The base setup is now complete! Please see below for more information on the user experience and pre-populating user credentials.
When users first click on Schoology in the Clever Portal, they will be asked for their Schoology username and password. Clever will save this username and password for future use and enable one-click access.
If you would like to pre-populate credentials for users, you can navigate to this page: https://schools.clever.com/applications/ilpro-schoology/settings and follow the directions listed here: SSO (Saved Passwords) Overview and Setup