McGraw Hill and Clever have partnered to offer districts both rostering and single sign-on through Clever for this upcoming school year. This guide contains everything you need to know to get started.
- Make sure your district is set up with Clever. If your district does not yet have a Clever account, you can get started by navigating to https://clever.com/signup.
- If your district is already on Clever, you can add McGraw Hill by following these steps:
- Log into your Clever Dashboard and select Applications > Request Applications from the left navigation.
- Search for McGraw Hill
- To request an SSO connection, request McGraw Hill SSO.
- To request a rostering connection, request McGraw Hill Rostering.
- When you request a connection with the application, you will also be asked if you would like to request a custom Launch Date. The Launch Date is the first day users can access the application through Clever.
- Once you have made your selections, click Request.
- These requests will create tickets with the McGraw Hill Customer Success team, who will schedule an implementation call with you. These tickets will be processed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Please note, SSO and Rostering must be configured at the purchasing account level and include all McGraw Hill K-12 content and users, and require a user account clean-up procedure. The McGraw Hill Customer Success team will discuss the details of your full Clever integration on a scheduled implementation call.
- FYI: If you are already discussing this integration with your McGraw Hill representative, you may receive an invitation to connect directly in your Clever Dashboard. If so, please check your Clever dashboard to accept your app invite.
Recommended sharing rules
McGraw Hill recommends sharing only the classes and users at the school sites that will be using the program. This can include grades K-12 and subjects ranging from english/language arts, math, science, social studies, language, interventions/online learning, science, and arts and music. Please note: Data sharing permissions will vary according to your district’s purchasing agreement.
You can find more information about setting up sharing rules in this guide.
The following fields must be successfully synced to Clever in order for your data to successfully sync with McGraw Hill Rostering:
- Term names, start dates, and end dates
- Course names
- Teacher, student, and staff usernames
- Teacher email addresses
Please note that user IDs (sis_ids) must be globally unique across your district. In other words, a teacher and a student cannot have the same sis_id in Clever.
You can check if your data meets the requirements by navigating to the McGraw Hill Rostering > Data Quality tab in your dashboard.
In Clever, data quality issues will be represented as “data warnings” or “data errors”. For more information on resolving data quality issues, please review this article.
Managing licenses & assigning content
Once you have resolved all of the data quality issues, please work with the McGraw Hill Customer Success team to ensure your district’s licenses and McGraw Hill content have been properly assigned in their rostering platform, Access Manager. For more information on how to assign your content in McGraw Hill, please see their documentation.
Where can I go for support?
- For help troubleshooting rosters, SIS Clever syncs, or login settings, check out our Help Center where you can open a ticket with Clever Support.
McGraw Hill Digital Technical Support:
- For help with McGraw Hill platforms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.