- Please note that integration between Clever and myPLTW could take up to a week and a half to complete.
- Make sure your district is set up with Clever! If your district has not been set up with Clever, you can get started by going to this link: https://clever.com/signup.
- If your district is already on Clever, you can add the myPLTW application by following these instructions:
- Log into your Clever Dashboard and select: Applications > Add Applications from the left navigation.
- Search for myPLTW.
- Click the PLTW icon to authorize requesting the application. During this process, you can select whether your district has already purchased the application. If your district or school has an active PLTW program, then select ‘Yes’. Otherwise, select ‘No’ and we will notify PLTW of your interest. You can also learn more about getting started with PLTW by visiting https://www.pltw.org/get-started.
- You will also be asked if you would like to request a custom launch date. The launch date is the first day users can access the app through Clever.
- Once you have made your selections, click “Request.”
- Note: Now that you’ve clicked the Request to Join button, please note that integration between Clever and myPLTW could take up to a week and a half to complete.
- If your district receives an invitation from myPLTW, you can refer to this link for instructions on how to accept application invites: For District Admins: How do I accept app invites?
Recommended Sharing Rules
We recommend sharing only your related PLTW courses and including the subjects math, science, and technology and engineering. Please also share your district/school admins.
For myPLTW to integrate your data, you must include the following:
- Adult users (teachers, admins): email address
- Students: first name, last name, district, state id, and date of birth
- Districts: NCES ID (primary)
- If NCES ID is not available, send the district name
- Schools: NCES ID (primary)
- If NCES ID is not available, send the schools’ name and location
Please Note: myPLTW cannot match rostering information for classes whose teachers do not have an email address in Clever. Additionally, if you do have an email address on file, please ensure that the email address in myPLTW matches the email address in Clever. If no match is found, an educator account cannot be created in myPLTW.
Maintaining Student Rostering Information
Throughout the year, myPLTW will automatically receive any student or enrollment changes that are made in your Student Information System (SIS) through Clever. Please ensure that your SIS is up-to-date so students are properly enrolled. You should expect these changes to be available in myPLTW within 48 hours of the update.
Clever Import Classrooms Guide
Once your Clever integration is complete, please refer to this link https://bit.ly/31mojiG for instructions to import classroom(s) into myPLTW after a district/site launches in Clever.
Please note once your Clever integration is complete, you will only be able to roster via Clever moving forward.
Why is my data not showing up in myPLTW?
Depending on your sync type, Clever either pulls data from your SIS or data is submitted to Clever from your SIS. That data is then made available to myPLTW to sync to their system. There is a lag time between these processes, as the sync with Clever and the sync with myPLTW may not occur at the same time.
Why is my student or teacher missing from a myPLTW roster?
Please check to see if this user meets the following requirements before reaching out to PLTW:
- Student or teacher is present in your SIS data
- Student or teacher is present in our Clever data and shared with myPLTW
If the user is missing from your Clever data, but is in your SIS, please contact Clever Support.
Why are classes missing from Clever?
If the class is missing from your Clever data, but is in your SIS, please contact Clever Support.
Why is a teacher missing from a myPLTW roster?
- Make sure that the teacher has sections in Clever; myPLTW will import teachers but teachers will not be able to view their associated sections in myPLTW. You can check this by searching for the teacher in the Data Browser.
- myPLTW only rosters primary teachers. If a section has co-teachers, they will not sync to your myPLTW roster.
Who should I ask for help with this issue?
- If it’s related to data within Clever or data coming from Clever, please contact Clever Support.
- If the data is in Clever but not integrating into myPLTW, please contact us at 877.335.7589.
We’re Here to Help
Our friendly PLTW Solution Center Team Members are here to answer all of your questions. Call us at 877.335.7589 for live, one-on-one support 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday through Friday or email us and we’ll follow up with you.
Project Lead The Way
3939 Priority Way South Drive, Suite 400
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Toll Free: 877.335.PLTW (7589)