What is the App Store?
There are three ways District Admins can browse applications in Clever. Each browsing experience supports unique actions a District Admin can take. They include:
- Clever’s public App Gallery (clever.com/app-gallery) lets anyone view all applications that can have a rostering or Single Sign-On (SSO) integration with Clever.
- Clever Library (clever.com/library) is a place where educators can discover and install apps for their Clever Portal.
- Clever Dashboard > Request Applications allows district admins to add and share data with apps that have a rostering or single sign-on integration with Clever
Now, you can also browse applications in the App Store, which is accessible via the Clever Dashboard for District Admin (including District Curriculum Lead, and District Help Desk roles) and School Tech Leads.
The App Store is for District Admins and School Tech Leads to browse, evaluate, and shop for new applications. Each app detail page in the App Store surfaces detailed information about the application, as well as helpful insights about how an application in Clever Library is being used by teachers at the district.
Application insights and information
The following is included on an application’s detail page in the App Store:
- The number of teachers and students who are actively using this application
- Name and school of teachers actively using this application
- When that teacher/student began using this application
- How often that teacher/student uses this application
- Basic information (App name, description)
- Details (categories, grade levels, standards alignment, tags, device and platform compatibility, case studies and links)
- Price ranges help you determine if this application is in your budget so you can initiate licensing conversations.
- Product screenshots and videos give you an idea of what the experience is like for a teacher or student.
- Verified teacher reviews that indicate how engaging, educational and easy-to-use the application is, as well as comments about classroom use cases.
Actions available in the App Store
The following actions can be taken in the App Store:
- Add to your Clever Account creates a district-app connection (only available for Secure Sync or Library+Secure Sync applications). This option is not available to District Curriculum Lead, District Help Desk, or School Tech Lead users.
- Request pricing initiates a request to facilitate a conversation with the application about license purchasing.
- Try a demo allows you to experience the application as a demo student or teacher (only available for applications that are also in Clever Library).
- Share with teachers will let you recommend an application to teachers that they should install through Clever (only available for applications that are also in Clever Library).